How do I apply for property rezoning?

When a property owner seeks to change the zoning of their land, they must submit a rezoning application to the Planning and Development Department. After verifying that all the appropriate information has been provided and the required fees paid, staff schedules the application for hearing before the City Council. The Planning in Development Department makes a recommendation to the City Council for disposition of the application. The City Council makes the final decision to approve or reject the rezoning request. The Council may also place special stipulations or restrictions on approved rezoning. See the Applications, Forms, and Documents section for submittal information.

Applications, Forms, and Documents

Show All Answers

1. When is a variance required?
2. What is my zoning?
3. What is a zoning verification letter, and why is it needed?
4. How do I apply for property rezoning?
5. Tree Pruning
6. Tree Removal
7. What are the fees for a tree removal permit?