The City of Chamblee recently launched a new Geographic Information System link, which will put new mapping information into the hands of residents, landowners, developers and more. Five maps are featured on the site: The Open Data Portal, the City Map, the Zoning District Map, the Election District Map and the Road Projects Map.
- The Open Data Portal provides the public with the data the city’s departments’ use along with interactive maps also used by the City.
- The City Map offers a look at the city’s boundaries along with its infrastructure.
- The Zoning District Map shows the land use according to the city’s Unified Development Ordinance and comprehensive plan.
- The Election District Map enables residents to find information about their elected representatives by clicking a location on the map or using the search box. They may also register to vote here.
- The Road Projects Map shows current and approved public works road (both streetscape and paving) projects.
“GIS technology now plays an essential role in many of our City’s operations and critical infrastructure decisions,” said Chamblee City Manager Jon Walker. “From planning and zoning to storm water management, these tools allow our residents access to some of the same information that our city staff and elected officials are using. We want the community to have access to them at their fingertips.”
To access the GIS system, visit:http://chambleega.gov/299/GIS-Mapping.