Discover Chamblee Advisory Committee
Discover Chamblee Landing Page
- 12:00 pm
- Fourth Wednesday of every month
- Meetings are currently held virtually
- Tim Michaud - Chair (Term 2019 - 2022)
- Michael Vescio - Vice Chair (Term 2020 - 2021)
- Lindsey Cambardella - Treasurer (Term 2019 - 2023)
- Laura Ramos - Secretary (Term 2019 - 2021)
- Muhammad Hossain (Term 2019 - 2023)
- John Mesa - (Term 2019 - 2023)
- Leslie Robson - (Term 2019 - 2022)
- Staff: Brittney Lindsay and Tisa Moore
The City of Chamblee Mayor and City Council established a Discover Chamblee Advisory Committee in 2019. The committee provides oversight of the budget and assist in the direction of projects being overseen by Discover DeKalb, DeKalb County's Convention and Visitors Bureau. The committee meets every third Wednesday at noon and consist of two members of council, two members of city staff, two members of Discover DeKalb, two Chamblee hoteliers and two Chamblee residents.
Discover Chamblee Advisory Committee is Accepting Applications
The City of Chamblee is currently looking to appoint a community member to serve on the Discover Chamblee Advisory Committee. The committee is responsible for:
- Acting principally in an advisory capacity to Chamblee staff, City Council and Discover DeKalb in any matter pertaining to marketing and tourism.
- Overseeing and make recommendations to Chamblee staff, City Council and Discover DeKalb staff regarding the Discover Chamblee budget.
- Advising and making recommendations to Chamblee staff and Discover DeKalb pertaining to marketing Chamblee’s hotels, restaurants and retail and encouraging tourism from various cities and states.
A background in communications, hospitality, marketing or tourism is preferred, but not required.
Interested individuals should submit an electronic version of the statement of interest, along with a resume to Brittney Lindsay, Community Engagement and Special Events Coordinator, email@example.com by February 22, 2021.