Citizens Police Academy
The Chamblee Police Department is now accepting applications for the upcoming Citizens Police Academy. Each of the 10 classes is designed to provide participants an opportunity to learn about modern-day policing and gives a glimpse into the everyday life of a Chamblee police officer.
"The Chamblee Police Department Citizens Police Academy has become an integral part of the Community Policing Model embraced by the department. Residents gain insight into the department and the department has a growing pool of volunteers having an intimate knowledge of police operations and opportunities,” said Chamblee Police Chief Kerry Thomas. “This is a great example of the acceptance of a shared responsibility. Residents and police working together to make our community safer. I encourage those who live or work in Chamblee to participate in this fun and exciting activity."
The class coordinator is Lt. Guy Antinozzi, B-Team Watch Commander and Training Division Instructor, a five-year veteran of the Chamblee Police Department. Other Chamblee Police Officers will provide instruction in areas in which they are subject-matter experts. Apply today to reserve your spot in the class!
- September 11th - November 13th
- 6-9 p.m., Wednesday nights
Chamblee Police Headquarters, 2nd Floor Training Room
3518 Broad St, Chamblee, GA 30341
- Types of patrol
- Criminal investigation
- Jail and dispatch
- Special operations, which includes code enforcement and the park ranger
- Citizen response to active shooter(s)
- Quality of life crimes
- Criminal procedure and crime trends
- Be 18 years of age by the first day of class
- Participants must live or work in Chamblee
- Be able to provide a government-issued photo identification card
- Submit to a limited background investigation including:
- Criminal history
- Driving history
- Be approved by Lt. Guy Antinozzi after successfully completing the background investigation
For questions or more information, contact Lt. Guy Antinozzi at: 470-395-2447 or email@example.com