Occupational Tax Certificates
COVID-19 Pandemic ResourcesIn the City of Chamblee COVID-19 Statement posted on March 12, 2020, "Walk-In visitors to city offices are discouraged to limit the opportunity for large groups to congregate." At the April City Council meeting, the city council extended the 2020 Occupation Tax Renewal deadline. Occupation Tax Renewals are now due July 15, 2020 and penalties and interest will begin on July 16, 2020. Renewals need to be received at city hall or before 5 pm on Wednesday, July 15, 2020. Incomplete forms will be returned and may be subject to penalties and interest.
The City of Chamblee has created a web page with dedicated resources in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Please view this site frequently as items posted may impact local businesses.
***IMPORTANT UPDATE for 2020 OCCUPATION TAX Renewals***
If you have not received copies of your renewal paperwork, please email your business name, address and license number to TaxLicensing@chambleega.gov with "Renewal Paperwork Needed" in the subject line.
There are two ways to renew your 2020 Occupation Tax without coming to city hall:
1) Mail your renewal paperwork to City of Chamblee, ATTN: Occupation Tax Renewal, 5468 Peachtree Road, Chamblee, GA 30341. Payment can be made by check (personal or business) or by US Money Order.
2) Process your renewal online. This is a three step process:
- Associate an email address with the business.
- Email forms to TaxLicensing@chambleega.gov with the License number in the subject line. Then enter your gross receipts and number of employees into the online portal. Once your paperwork is reviewed you will receive an email to process your payment.
- Make the payment online. Payment online can be made with VISA, MasterCard, and American Express.
All commercial and residential businesses located within the City of Chamblee must apply for an annual occupational tax certificate. The fee for this license is based upon gross receipts, number of employees, and a flat tax.
Resolution - Schedule B - Occupational Tax Fees
Resolution - Business Profitability Classifications for Occupational Tax
Ordinance 674 - Business Classifications for Determining Tax Levy
2019 Renewal information can be found at the bottom of this page.
NOTE: Pre-filled renewals for existing businesses were mailed on Friday, January 25, 2019. On-line renewals still require documents to be emailed. See below for more information.
How to Apply
Fill out a Commercial Business Occupation Application and gather required forms. Applications submitted by mail should be sent to:
City of Chamblee
Occupational Tax Office
5468 Peachtree Road
Chamblee, Georgia 30341
|Full Commercial Business Occupational Tax Application (All forms)||Application with all forms|
|Business Profitability Class Schedule
Rates are as follows:
Class 1 = .00018 Class 4 = .00054
Class 2 = .00030 Class 5 = .00062
Class 3 = .00042 Class 6 = .00078
|Based off of your industry use NAICS Code|
|E-Verify Affidavit||Fill out for your employees|
|Professional Licensing Boards||Provide copy of License from Secretary of State|
|List of Secure and Verifiable Documents
||Provided by the GA Attorney General|
|Zoning Verification Request Form|
*Employers with 11 or more employees (or full-time equivalent), as required by O.C.G.A. §36-60-6(d), must register for a Federal Work Authorization User Identification Number at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify. This number is between 4-6 digits with no letters.
Home Businesses Requirements
Additional Required Information
Additional information may be required depending on business type:
Other Required Documentation by Business Type
Other regulated businesses need the following documentation (not a complete list):
|1. State of Georgia Professional License **
2. GA Dept. of Agriculture License / Inspection
3. GA Dept. of Early Care & Learning
4. GA Dept. of Community Health
5. GA Dept. Banking & Finance Certificate
6. DeKalb Watershed FOG Permit / Inspection
7. DeKalb Board of Health License / Inspection
|8. DeKalb County Fire Marshal Approval
9. Federal Firearms License
10. IRS 501 Tax Exempt Letter
11. U.S. Dept. of Agriculture Approval
12. Proof of Insurance / Driver's License
13. Police Clearance / Permit
14. Chamblee Special Event Permit
Renewals2020 Pre-filled renewal forms for existing businesses will be mailed January 27, 2020 if not earlier. Check back here for updates when renewals are mailed.
Occupational tax certificates must be renewed annually and renewal notices will be mailed to existing business owners in the first 45 days of each calendar year.
2019 Occupational Tax Renewal Forms
• Blank Renewal Form
• Renew Online. Online renewals will still require a completed renewal form, S.A.V.E. Affidavit (if required), and any other state licensing documents (if required by your profession). Completed documents will be accepted via email. Please review the instructions for online submissions.
APPROVAL FOR PAYMENT ONLINE WILL NOT OCCUR UNTIL ALL FORMS ARE RECEIVED AND COMPLETE. Please email all renewal forms in one email (can be multiple attachments) with the license number (found on the upper right corner of the renewal form) and the business name in the subject to email@example.com. Separate emails with individual forms may cause your renewal to be delayed or rejected online.
• E-Verify Affidavit Information: As of July 1, 2013, according to O.C.G.A. § 30-60-6(d), businesses with 11 or more employees (or full-time equivalents) must obtain a Federal Work Authorization user Identification Number at www.dhs.gov/e-verify. The number is between 4-8 digits with no letters.
• List of Secure and Verifiable Documents for the S.A.V.E. Affidavit