About the Office
The City Clerk's Office is responsible for maintaining the City's official records. The
Occupation and Licensing Officer and City Hall administrative staff are under the supervision of the City Clerk.
Besides serving as a clerk for the Mayor and Council, the City Clerk is responsible for the following:
- Prepares agendas for all scheduled meetings
- Prepares and maintains minutes for all official meetings of the Mayor and Council
- Serves as the records management officer, providing unrestricted access to public records, code books, and documents; maintaining records; processing open records requests; and preparing reports as required by other government agencies
- Coordinates the Records Management and Retention Program
- Prepares Notices for Publication in the city legal organ, "The Champion Newspaper"
- Serves as the City Election Superintendent and chief registrar in coordinating elections and complying with federal and state guidelines and laws on elections and voting rights
- The City Clerk will be the contact for qualifying candidates for city elections.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals, such as the City Manager, department heads, elected officials, DeKalb County agencies, state agencies, and the general public.